Our certified technicians can assist you with an effortless reset to your systems default state. If your system files have become corrupt or you just feel like starting over with a factory machine than this option is for you. At Omni Technologies, we understand that your data is important and sometimes irreplaceable. For this reason, we attempt to backup all data before performing a reload on any of our client’s computers. Once this has been performed we begin a thorough process to ensure that all drivers, updates and basic programs are properly reinstalled so that you may use your machine with no hassle. These common symptom / problems may be cause for a reload:
- Startup Programs: Examine a Windows system that’s slowed down and you’ll likely to find many additional startup programs have been installed, lengthening the boot process, cluttering the system tray with useless icons, and consuming CPU, memory, and other system resources in the background. Worse yet, some computers may come with a huge amount of useless startup programs out of the box thanks to manufacturer-installed bloatware.
- Explorer Plug-ins, Services, and More: Applications that add shortcuts to Windows Explorer’s context menu can make right-clicking on files take much longer if they’re badly programmed. Other programs may install themselves as a system service, so they’re running in the background even though you can’t see them. Even if they aren’t in the system tray, useless programs can slow down your PC.
- Heavy Security Suites: Security suites like Norton are often very heavy, consuming a lot of resources to perform all their functions. You don’t really need a full security suite — just an antivirus program.
- PC Cleaning Tools: PC cleaning tools are generally scams. Paradoxically, they can make your computer even slower if they add themselves as a startup program and run in the background. The worst PC cleaning programs may even install additional spyware and other junk.
- Browser Toolbars: Legitimate browser extensions can slow down your browser enough, but malware add-ons can slow things down even more.
- Other Junk: Poorly written applications may clutter your system with useless DLL files and fill your registry with useless entries. The worst applications may not clean up properly after themselves, leaving this stuff on your system even after you uninstall them.